18 more soldiers died in Boko Haram bomb blasts in Borno

18 more soldiers died in Boko Haram bomb blasts in Borno

The Nigerian military says 18 people have been left dead after an ambush on a government convoy in the north-east of the country.

It said four soldiers, 10 police officers and four civilians were killed in the attack targeting Borno state officials on Friday.

The Islamic State (IS) group said it was behind the attack, claiming 30 people had been killed. The military has been battling Islamist militants for more than a decade.

The militants planted improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on the road from the town of Monguno to the fishing town of Baga, said Maj Gen John Enenche, the spokesperson of the Nigerian Defence Headquarters, in a statement.

Jude Ogbonna

Read Also

Leave a Reply

Read also x